G4 Owners Club

BV55YZT

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic78322.aspx

By James093 - 4 Mar 2023

Anyone seen this vehicle ?

Pretty sure it’s genuine. A patchy MOT history is putting me off. Although it’s failed on items the seller has said they were being picky and it didn’t need doing…
An insecure fuel tank due to a rotten cradle is an easy fix. Why not replace it?

Also has worryingly said it’s had full wax oil treatment … I’m concerned it’s being used to hide the said MOT issues.

Any first hand comments on the car much appreciated.

If it comes through positive I’ll make the long journey to see it.
By Radeco - 5 Mar 2023

It IS genuine - 2006 Thailand and Laos.
Mot failed - all fixed - passed - once failed on rear fog light lamp - fixed !
Exhaust insecure - bolt tightened !
new fuel tank cradle was fitted - next MOT does not say "New Fuel tank cradle Fitted"
It did not need Waxoyl but that is for the future.
It should not "Run Hot" - check electric cooling fans are working.
By James093 - 5 Mar 2023

Thanks Keith.

I will get some other checks done before I plan to make the trip to view.

You would think if the advisories and fails do t reappear the work would be carried out but people to like to try and use an easy fix, many garages inclusive.
Just don’t want to pay too money for a car that might just end up being a project.

I have had a lot of Freelander’s and they are generally pretty good on the corrosion front but things like subframes and suspension arms to corrode. They are easy to remove and rectify which is why my gut is sounding a slight alarm bell.

Did you own this car ?
By BV55YZT - 6 Mar 2023

James093 - 5 Mar 2023
Thanks Keith. I will get some other checks done before I plan to make the trip to view.You would think if the advisories and fails do t reappear the work would be carried out but people to like to try and use an easy fix, many garages inclusive. Just don’t want to pay too money for a car that might just end up being a project.I have had a lot of Freelander’s and they are generally pretty good on the corrosion front but things like subframes and suspension arms to corrode. They are easy to remove and rectify which is why my gut is sounding a slight alarm bell.Did you own this car ?

Hi James, I am the owner of BV55YZT and have recently spent almost £2000 future proofing it for the new custodian.
I Waxoyl all my land rovers as a matter of course whatever model they are,  as this is a sensible preventative measure. 
I have also today replaced the expansion tank and cap, again as a sensible measure.
The cars drives perfectly as it should, it does not overheat and will serve the next owner well.