G4 Owners Club

Defender 90 G4 LE

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic78357.aspx

By Tim leishman - 21 May 2023

Hello all. I am new to this forum having recently bought an 04 defender 90 G4 LE in Silver. I am sure this is an original limited edition as is fully detailed on the V5. A previous owner researched the vehicle and said it was one of 89 registered for that year.
I wanted to ensure it retains its originality and wanted to ask what side steps would be in keeping with the vehicle. From what I can see from images of these LEs they didn’t have a side step. Your insight would be very welcome.
Loving the defender experience already.

Tim
South Devon, England.
By lewis - 23 May 2023

Tim leishman - 21 May 2023
Hello all. I am new to this forum having recently bought an 04 defender 90 G4 LE in Silver. I am sure this is an original limited edition as is fully detailed on the V5. A previous owner researched the vehicle and said it was one of 89 registered for that year. I wanted to ensure it retains its originality and wanted to ask what side steps would be in keeping with the vehicle. From what I can see from images of these LEs they didn’t have a side step. Your insight would be very welcome. Loving the defender experience already. TimSouth Devon, England.

If I remember correctly side steps at the time would of been a dealer fit accessory and there are Defender LE's with them fitted. Most would of been the OEM ones from the accessory catalogue at the time. Autotrader has a couple of LE's listed atm and both have side steps fitted. Nice looking LE. 
By Tim leishman - 23 May 2023

Thank you. Yes I have seen that particular style on another. Need to save up for a new pair at £500! Thanks very much.