G4 Owners Club

Discovery 3 - Replica 2006

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic78395.aspx

By DiscoPT - 25 Sep 2023

Hello

My name is António Soares, from Lisbon (Portugal). A few months ago I bought a Discovery D3 with the aim of making a 2006 G4 replica.

At the moment I already have the front and rear headlight guards and the front defence. I'm going to use the car colour "tangiers orange (LRDC761)".

However, and for this reason I'm writing this post, I need your help with the stickers I should put on and how to get an image of them that I can use to have them made and applied.

So I'm asking for your help and input on the following questions:

1ª Can u please if i have the right reference of the colour?

2º What stickers should I apply for the Year 2006 and where can I find images that I can use.

3º Where can I find an original roof-rack to complete the replica?

Thank you in advance for your help.
António Soares
morrisgarage1971@hotmail.com

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
By Joncorry - 26 Sep 2023

Hello António,

To answer your questions as best I can:

1. Yes - LRC761 is the colour code for Tangiers Orange - there are different shades but that is the correct base colour.

2. Decals are available via the club - just email decals@g4ownersclub.com, it may well work out cheaper for you to join the club as members get a discount. Google image searches should help with pictures of event cars.

3. Original roof racks are very hard to source, you have to wait until a G4 is scrapped or written off to be able to source one, the lights and plaques are also hard to find I’m afraid but not impossible. You just need to be searching constantly for them on social media/ebay etc….In 2006 the nations represented were Argentina, Germany, Russia Australia, Greece, South Africa Belgium, Ireland, Spain Brazil, Italy, Taiwan, Chile & Costa Rica, Japan, Turkey, France, Netherlands, United Kingdom. Each would have held selections so may have had vehicles in country. 

Good luck with the build,
Jonathan
By DiscoPT - 26 Sep 2023

Joncorry - 26 Sep 2023
Hello António,

To answer your questions as best I can:

1. Yes - LRC761 is the colour code for Tangiers Orange - there are different shades but that is the correct base colour.

2. Decals are available via the club - just email decals@g4ownersclub.com, it may well work out cheaper for you to join the club as members get a discount. Google image searches should help with pictures of event cars.

3. Original roof racks are very hard to source, you have to wait until a G4 is scrapped or written off to be able to source one, the lights and plaques are also hard to find I’m afraid but not impossible. You just need to be searching constantly for them on social media/ebay etc….In 2006 the nations represented were Argentina, Germany, Russia Australia, Greece, South Africa Belgium, Ireland, Spain Brazil, Italy, Taiwan, Chile & Costa Rica, Japan, Turkey, France, Netherlands, United Kingdom. Each would have held selections so may have had vehicles in country. 

Good luck with the build,
Jonathan

Thanks for the explanation. I'll send you an email to find out the cost of each one.

As for the dimensions of the door and hood stickers, could you help? I have a way of reproducing them in Portugal, but I need the dimensions.

As for the Roof Rack, I'm trying it as you suggested, and I've even found one. But I'm evaluating the cost.

Thanks again.
By Joncorry - 26 Sep 2023

I’m afraid I don’t hold the dimensions for the decals, these are with the decal supplier.

G4 parts are not cheap usually, this is due to the scarcity. If you have found a rack and it’s genuine, I’d say buy it, I have seen a few copy racks and they just don’t look the same.