G4 Owners Club

G4 Discovery 2 BP 52 GKE

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic78462.aspx

By Erasmus - 29 Feb 2024

Hi all,

I'm looking at selling my original G4 D2 used in South Africa on the 2003 event.
It's been off the road for several years and is currently in storage.
Will need a bit of work to get through an MOT, brakes need changing, emissions will probably need looking at and a new windscreen will be needed due to a crack. I'm going got try and get some if not all of that done before selling.
The buffalo board on the roof rack is missing and the winch will probably need recommissioning but everything else is as it came off the event.
Currently on different alloys but have 6 of the original ones that will come with the car.

I also have an original event mountain bike, kayak and tent that I'm looking to sell, maybe as part of the car.
In addition I have both adult and child G4 branded but non event mountain mountain bikes.

Not sure what the current valuation for the car would be so interested in getting some idea on here before opening it up to the wider LR community.

I will get some pictures up as soon as I can get to the storage unit.

Cheers, Mark S.

By Joncorry - 4 Mar 2024

Hello Mark, thanks for posting up the information. I’ve shared this post with the club WhatsApp group as not everyone checks the forum as frequently. I know of two D3’s that sold last year - one was in the Lakes and needed a fair degree of resto work but that is progressing very well now and the other was Matt Greens that is being refreshed by another member. Obviously I don’t know what the actual prices were when the cars exchanged owners but I think the asking price for the resto project was £4>4.5K and I think Matt was asking £11K for his. The tent and Kayaks always seem to find homes quickly too. Good luck with the sale, if you do get a price in mind, please just let us know 👍 Regards, Jon Corry
By XIJoshF150IX - 25 Mar 2024

Hi Mark

If you could send me some pictures and a rough price, i could be very interested in her if not already sold.

Thanks

Josh

By Erasmus - 30 Mar 2024

Hi Josh, sorry haven’t had a chance to get to the storage unit to get pics as yet, as soon as I do I’ll post them up. Regarding price, I’m not sure at the moment, offers always welcome 🙂
By Erasmus - 30 Mar 2024

@triharder Got your message, car is still available. Can’t reply directly as your inbox is full. Can you message me with your number and I’ll get back that way. Thanks, Mark S.
By bedfordowner - 11 May 2024

Hi Mark, is your D2 still for sale?. I fso, could you please let me have some details including price. Many thanks. Keith